|(One intermediate revision not shown)|
Latest revision as of 08:41, 29 January 2008
Cytomics is the study of cell systems (cytomes) at a single cell level. It combines all the bioinformatic knowledge to attempt to understand the molecular architecture and functionality of the cell system (Cytome). Much of this is achieved by using molecular and microscopic techniques that allow the various components of a cell to be visualised as they interact in vivo.
- Human Genome Project
- Flow cytometry
- Tissue microarray
- Bernas T, Gregori G, Asem EK, Robinson JP., Integrating cytomics and proteomics, Mol Cell Proteomics. 2006 Jan;5(1):2-13.
- Davies E, Stankovic B, Azama K, Shibata K, Abe S., Novel components of the plant cytoskeleton: A beginning to plant "cytomics", Plant Science, Invited Review, Plant Science 2001; (160)2: 185-196.
- Chen X, Velliste M, Murphy RF., Automated interpretation of subcellular patterns in fluorescence microscope images for location proteomics, Cytometry A. 2006 Jul;69(7):631-40.
- Herrera G, Diaz L, Martinez-Romero A, Gomes A, Villamon E, Callaghan RC, O'connor JE., Cytomics: A multiparametric, dynamic approach to cell research, Toxicol In Vitro. 2006 Jul 22.
- Kriete A., Cytomics in the realm of systems biology, Cytometry A. 2005 Nov;68(1):19-20.
- Murphy RF., Cytomics and location proteomics: automated interpretation of subcellular patterns in fluorescence microscope images, Cytometry A. 2005 Sep;67(1):1-3.
- Schubert W., Cytomics in characterizing toponomes: towards the biological code of the cell, Cytometry A. 2006 Apr;69(4):209-11.
- Valet G, Tarnok A, Cytomics in predictive medicine, Cytometry, 2003, 53B: 1-3.
- Valet G, Predictive medicine by cytomics and the challenges of a human cytome project, Business Briefing: Future Drug Discovery 2004, Ed: E Cooper, World Markets Research Center Ltd, London, 2004; 46-51.
- Valet G., Cytomics: an entry to biomedical cell systems biology, Cytometry A. 2005 Feb; 63(2):67-8.
- Van Osta P, Ver Donck K, Bols L, Geysen J., Cytomics and drug discovery., Cytometry A. 2006 Mar;69(3):117-8.
- Wiacek C, Muller S, Benndorf D, A cytomic approach reveals population heterogeneity of Cupriavidus necator in response to harmful phenol concentrations, Proteomics 2006 Nov;6(22):5983-94.