Omics asks researchers to be openfree
- Jong Bhak
Omics is about constructing an integrated knowledge network using very large amount of data. Biologists need to be generous in sharing data, DBs, algorithms and resources.
Omics is a different paradigm of doing research as in the past where a small group of people disect problems in minute details to discover one or two functions of a small number of proteins or genes.
• Bioinformatics asks us to be openfreely share our data, DBs, experiments and publication
• Openfree License is needed such as, OpenAccess and BioLicense
• More openaccess and free copyright journals are necessary (transparent reviewing is also better)
• Cultural transition toward open and transparent publishing system is necessary to lead the future bioscience of the world
• Each omics needs to form clusters of biology research network.